Flu Season is here! Whether you beleive in vaccination or not, prevention is the key to your family's and your own health.
These simple steps are "common sense" but do you follow them always?? Remind yourself and try to keep these simple steps in your daily life to prevent from getting sick this season!
1. Frequent hand-washing WITH SOAP! (well-highlighted in all official communications).
2. "Hands-off-the-face". Resist all temptations to touch any part of face (unless you're eating or bathing)
3. Gargle twice a day with warm salt water ( or use Listerine if you don'ttrust salt). *H1N1 takes 2-3 days after initial infection in the throat/nasal cavity to proliferate and show characteristic symptoms. Simple gargling prevents proliferation. In a way, gargling with salt water has the same effect on a healthy individual that Tamiflu has
on an infected one. Don't underestimate this simple, inexpensive and powerful preventative method.
4. Clean out your nostrils at least once every day with warm salt water.
*Not everybody does this with nostril rinse kit (available at local drug stores) but at least blowing the nose hard once a day and swabbing both nostrils with cotton buds dipped in warm salt water is very effective in bringing down viral population.
5. Boost your natural immunity with foods that are rich in Vitamin C (fruit and veggies). *If you have to supplement with Vitamin C tablets, make sure that it also has Zinc to boost absorption.
6. Drink as much of warm liquids as you can. *Drinking warm liquids has the same effect as gargling, but in the reverse direction. They wash off proliferating viruses from the throat into the stomach wherethey cannot survive, proliferate or do any harm.